OEMAC is pleased to offer accredited webinars to its membership for no charge. The webinars will be accredited and CMEs will be provided to attendees.
Accredited Webinar Series
Upcoming webinars will be presented through Zoom and are free of charge for OEMAC and CBOM members. Registration is easy – just click the links below to register for the webinars you wish to attend! Non-member fee is $25.00/webinar.
Each one-hour webinar is certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for 1 Mainpro+ Credit.
Wednesday, May 19 at 12:00 PM EST
COVID-19: Variants, Vaccines, and Return to Work
Dr. Sidney Siu and Dr. Stephen Barr
- Obtain a better understanding on the different variants on COVID-19 and the implication on infection spread
- Acquire current knowledge on the different types of vaccines and be able to perform a risk and benefit analysis on the vaccines
- Distinguish the difference between ability to perform essential duties of the job and acceptable risk of infection and complication from work
- Utilize the learnt information to assess the ability of the workers and recommend appropriate accommodation for the workers returning from COVID-19 infection
Wednesday, June 2 at 12:00 PM EST
Legal Pitfalls, Mental health, Return to Work, and the Legal Aspect
- Have strategies for dealing with referrals
- Identify the three most common causes of medico-legal problems in occupational medicine
- Develop two strategies to improve patient safety and reduce medico-legal risk in your practice
Wednesday, June 9 at 12:00 PM EST
Burnout in the Workplace
Dr. Joel Goldberg
- Learners will be able to define burnout based on current theory and empirical findings and will be able to distinguish specific signs of occupational burnout from more general signs of stress
- Learners will be able to describe what are stress and burnout vulnerability factors including those related to workers who have mental health conditions
- Learners will be able to describe potential signs of stress burnout in themselves as health caregivers and in their colleagues including recent research on health provider burnout amidst the COVID-19 pandemic
- Learners will be able to identify protective factors including various ways of coping and ways of enhancing resilience
Thursday, June 24 at 12:00 PM EST
Noise: Hearing Loss and Beyond
Dr. Sebastian Straube
- Discuss how a patient with noise-induced hearing loss may present
- Describe the audiogram appearance of how noise-induced hearing loss
- Discuss the evidence on extra-aural adverse effects of noise
Nouveau! Présentation en français!
le mercredi, 11 août à 12h00 EST
Trouble de la personnalité et invalidité: pièges et solutions
Dre. Monique Bessette
Les objectifs d’apprentissage sont les suivants:
- Raffiner leur examen clinique en ayant des critères pour distinguer les exacerbations anxio-dépressives subcliniques ou passagères inhérentes aux troubles de la personnalité, des psychopathologies véritablement invalidantes.
- Appliquer une technique de communication efficace pour gérer les résistances et les exigences déraisonnables des patients souffrant de trouble de la personnalité.
- Connaître les signaux d’alerte leur indiquant qu’une référence en évaluation médicale ou psychologique indépendante spécialisée est requise.