Physician – Family Practice and Occupational Medicine
Magna International is hiring a Physician – Family Practice and Occupational Medicine. The incumbent will work at the Magna Health Centre, a multidisciplinary health clinic that services Magna employees and individuals in the community as well as provide support for Occupational Medicine.
To read the full job description and apply, follow this link:
Chief Medical Officer
Rio Tinto is currently looking for a Chief Medical Officer to join the Health Safety Environment and Security team, based in Montreal or Brisbane.
Reporting to the Head of Health – Group Health Safety Environment Security (HSES), the Chief Medical Officer role will provide you with the opportunity to utilise your leadership and experience to own and develop the Occupational Health Programs to the highest standard.
What the role entails
- Define HSES priorities, annual objectives and strategic initiatives;
- Provide health direction and support to Rio Tinto Management across regions;
- Work with governmental and other external bodies to Identify threats and opportunities to the organization
- Achieve objectives by promoting best practice sharing within a strong health network;
- Manage all Occupational Health (OH) related Rio Tinto requirements;
- Partner with the ICMM and other industrial hygiene organizations on relevant programs and projects;
- Monitor regulatory trends and activities related to occupational health impacting Rio Tinto operations;
What we look for
- Doctor of Medicine and post graduate qualifications (fellowship level) in Occupational Health
- 10-15 years experience in the occupational health field
- Experience in the implementation of comprehensive exposure assessment and management systems
- Extensive background in mining, mineral processing or related industry
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
Wherever we operate, and across every part of our business, we strive to create an inclusive culture in which diversity is recognized and valued.
Apply now at https://jobs.riotinto.com/ShowJob/JobId/476788/ChiefMedicalOfficer
Applications close by December 4th, 2020
Additional part-time occupational physician needed
Additional part-time occupational physician needed for well-established occupational medicine practice in Vancouver. Ideally resident of BC, but not required. Occupational medicine experience, training and/or certification required. Please submit brief letter outlining interest in occupational medicine and projected future directions in this field.
Please include resume and send in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Director, Medical Services
Alberta Labour and Immigration, Edmonton – Advance occupational health and safety to meet the needs of all Albertans.
Reporting to the Director, Specialized Professional Services, this position leads the provision of medical direction for the province’s occupational health and safety programs. This includes fulfilling legislated mandates related to medical examinations, medical reports, notifiable occupational diseases, audiometry, first aid, and spirometry programs. As an occupational health and safety medical specialist you will provide strategic leadership, influence and direction into policy development, program delivery, enforcement efforts and other initiatives to prevent occupational injuries and disease.
Your background includes experience as a general practice physician including some training in occupational health. You have demonstrated abilities to develop collaborative environments and work effectively with stakeholders, other physicians, and employers on sensitive issues. Advanced understanding of the administration and legislation related to medical and health records within a Canadian jurisdiction. Eligibility for licensing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and a medical degree are required. This Executive Manager position offers a salary range of $153,289 – $201,175 ($5,873.18 – $7,707.88 bi-weekly). Final candidates will be required to undergo a security screening. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies. NOTE: This is a temporary 12-15 month opportunity.
Job ID 1057594
The Government of Alberta is committed to a diverse and inclusive public service that reflects the population we serve to best meet the needs of Albertans. Consider joining a team where diversity, inclusion and innovation are valued and supported. For more information on diversity and inclusion, please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/diversity-inclusion-policy.aspx.
Visit www.jobs.alberta.ca for more information and to apply directly on-line, or fax your resume to Executive Search, Alberta Public Service Commission, Fax (780) 422-0468. When applying online, please submit your cover letter and resume as one file. Online applications will receive an automated confirmation. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. Our contact number is (780) 408-8460.