Explore St John’s
Join OEMAC at the most easterly point in North America!
They are the youngest – and coolest – province in Canada, home to the oldest street in North America, and they’ve been welcoming adventurers from all corners of the world for over 500 years, so they know how to be great hosts! Visit the Destination St. John’s website to find out more.
Extend your stay in Newfoundland and explore the dramatic coastline on foot, or enjoy a day on a boat on the bay having close encounters with humpback whales, puffins, or icebergs (and maybe all three!).
- Book a full or half day tour with McCarthy’s Tours. You are sure to find one (or more) tours of interest!
- O’briens Boat Tours is a must do! This is your chance to see some whales, icebergs and more. Use promo code: OEMAC2017 for 20% off the boat tours and shuttle service. This code is valid if you book the 11:30 am or 2:00 pm tours (valid from June 9th- 18th, 2017). You can book directly online here: http://www.obriensboattours.com/book-now/ and type in the promotion code by clicking the button on the right side centre screen. Note that the discount for the shuttle will not show on the reservation and it will be adjusted when you arrive on site and pay for the tour and shuttle on the day of the tour.
- Whale watching, iceberg viewing, coastal kayaking and more! If interested in any of Stan Cook’s daily tours, please indicate that you are a Conference delegate for special pricing.
- Interested in « Experiencing Newfoundland »? Visit http://www.newfoundlandtours.com/ for a complete listing of available tours.
Highly recommended restaurants:
- Mallard Cottage
- Oliver’s Restaurant
- The Gypsy Tea Room
- Saltwater Restaurant
- Duke of Duckworth
- St. John’s Fish Exchange
- The Adelaide Oyster House
- The Merchant Tavern
- The Rooms Cafe (for the view!)